Friday, May 14, 2010

Reflection Number One

I have always been one to find interest in learning about the history of man; whether it is from the scientific standpoint or the religious. Therefore when I learned that I was to read The Prehistoric Human Use of Fire, The Invention of the Wheel, and The History of Writing I was instantly ecstatic. Upon my conclusion and analysis of the three passages I was able to reflect on the new information I had learned about the human ancestors. Through my analysis I found that though the three articles cover three different topics of human history, they all share a common theme. All three articles are founded on the inventions of mankind; writing, fire, the wheel and its components, and the concept of monogamy. These inventions, then later led to greater concepts and inventions which then created a domino effect- so to say. Though these articles speak of a time millions of years ago the same concepts of learning, creating, and evolving is one that can be seen today.

As human beings, it can be seen as almost a natural instinct to adapt to various situations. Through this adaption we are able to change and create elements that will work toward helping us to survive. This concept of learning, whether it be of the new situation or of manners in which to invent and create new things is one that I feel all educators should understand. As a pre-professional educator, I feel that the manner in which humans learn concepts is one that I have to know in order to be an effective educator; for it one thing to regurgitate information to a classroom and it’s another to teach them the material. As educators I feel it’s our duty to understand that what we teach to students will allow them to build new concepts upon; for I along with many other pre-professional educators, are the facilitators who create a foundation for students to advance upon.

Although, these tree articles are build to display and inform people of the creations of mankind’s ancestors, I believe that it also goes to display how humans, from the beginning, learn concepts and from that create new things. For in order to create and then advance things such as tools, fire, and wheels, and instinctive manner to understand a concept must be present; an instinctive manner that I feel has continued to carry itself through the years and can still be found in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment