Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Responce to poem "Most Interesting of our American Birds"

Upon conclusion of this poem I found myself rather confused as to the message behind it. Though after a second gander over it, I was able to see it’s a relation to the oil spill that occurred not too long ago. Once I was able to grasp at the pieces connection, I found that this poem holds much validity; for the oil incident is one that has and will have a detrimental effect on nature and all its elements. From my interpretation, the bird in this piece represents nature as a whole entity and it is this same entity that is now damaged in a distraught manner that can never be restored to its earlier condition. The same way the cause of this situation to the bird was caused by man is the same way the condition of the environment right now is caused by man. After reading this piece though, one element continues to stand out, what are we going to do to fix it since we caused it?

No comments:

Post a Comment